Covid-19 Alert Level 2 – Plumbing, Drainlaying and Gas-Fitting Service Guidelines
Current as at 14 May 2020
We are now at Alert Level 2 and continue to provide Plumbing, Drainlaying, Gas-fitting and Heating services around Hawkes Bay and Taupo Regions.
It is fantastic that we can return to a more “normal” working environment as we move into Level 2 but as a company we continue to prioritise keeping our clients, team and their families safe as well as ensuring the safety of the community during this time.
The following guidelines outline how we continue to operate but under the Level 2 restrictions and safety requirements and what this means should you require our assistance during this period.
At Level 2 our services resume as normal but in line with the government health and safety guidelines.
In the instance we do attend a call out to your premises, this is what we need from you to ensure the safety of both our tradesman and yourselves
It is important for the safety of yourselves and our team working in this current environment that the procedures are strictly adhered to so we can continue to minimise contact as much as possible.
- Be prepared to answer any questions in relation to your COVID-19 status. We need to know if we are entering a property with a suspected or confirmed case.
- Take detailed photos/video of the problem area and email through to us at [email protected]
- Ensure the area our team will be working on has been cleaned and sanitised prior to our arrival
- Ensure any dogs are isolated from the work area before our workers arrive.
- We must adhere to the physical distancing rules of 1-metre minimum. We may need someone to show us the problem whilst keeping a distance.
- We will clean the site before we leave but you may wish to do this again yourself after we have left.
What you can expect from our team
- Professional and safety-conscious performance.
- Our tradesman may use some or all available PPE (Personal Protection Equipment as documented below, the need to wear this additional PPE will be assessed on a case by case scenario and our team will follow Covid-19 safety best practice at all times, this will include;
- Disposable booties
- Rubber gloves
- Tools that are sanitised before every call.
- Disposable Overalls
- We will disinfect the area of contact before leaving the premises
- NO tolerance for safety shortcuts. Please don’t ask them to do anything unnecessary and/or unsafe.
- Our tradesman may ask you again once on-site details of your Covid-19 status, if there is any reason to believe there is any risk being on-site, our tradesmen have the authority to decide not to proceed.
- In the instance where our team feels it is necessary to apply all safety precautions with full PPE then a $65 + GST charge will apply. This is more likely in cases where our team may come into contact with sewage or sewerage systems.
For further information or assistance please contact 0508 22 88 99 or email us at [email protected]