Covid-19 Alert Level 3 – Plumbing, Drainlaying and Gas-Fitting Service Information
Current as at 22 April 2020
With the COVID-19 Alert Level moving to Level 3 from 11.59pm Monday 28th April 2020 – Advanced Plumbing, Drainage and Gas will continue to provide services to our clients in the Hawke’s Bay and Taupo regions.
It is extremely important to us as a company that we continue to prioritise keeping our team and their families safe as well as ensuring the safety of the community during this time, therefore we will outline what the change to Level 3 means for us and should you require our assistance – what we will need from you in order to complete these services safely.
At Level 3 our Essential Services will continue to include the following:
- Essential Services and Critical Infrastructure – Work in relation to fast-moving consumer goods, food production, key public services, health or emergency services. A more detailed list can be found here https://covid19.govt.nz/government-actions/covid-19-alert-level/#essential-businesses
- Immediate need to maintain human health and safety at home or work – examples of this type of work include:
- The repair, replacement of hot water cylinders that have failed as the hot water will be required for sanitation purposes.
- The unblocking and repair/replacement of sanitary waste pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of gas piping, fittings and appliance where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
In addition to the above services, commercial and residential construction projects that we are contracted to will also resume and site specific Health and Safety process will apply. Renovation projects can take place as long as the home is unoccupied.
What services are NOT considered essential are call-outs in relation to:
- The repair of minor leaks
- The replacement to tap washers
- Routine servicing
- The replacement of sanitary fixtures that are working
In the instance we do attend an emergency call-out at your premises, this is what we need from you to ensure the safety of both our tradesman and yourselves
It is important for the safety of yourselves and our team working in this current environment that the procedures are strictly adhered to so we can minimise contact as much as possible.
- Be prepared to answer any questions in relation to your COVID-19 status. We need to know if we are entering a property with a suspected or confirmed case.
- Take detailed photos/video of the problem area and email through to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure the area our team will be working on has been cleaned and sanitised prior to our arrival
- Ensure any dogs are isolated from the work area before our workers arrive.
- We will ask you to vacate the building/dwelling whilst we are undertaking the required work. Before our workers arrive, make yourself and the rest of the household scarce. We may need someone to show us the problem. Once work begins we need all people on-site to leave whilst we are working.
- We will clean the site before we leave but you may wish to do this again yourself after we have left.
What you can expect from our team
- Professional and safety-conscious performance.
- Our tradesman will assess the situation on arrival to determine if they need to wear available PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) and follow Covid-19 safety best practice at all times, this may include
- Disposable booties
- Rubber gloves
- Tools that are sanitised before every call
- Disposable Overalls
- We are working with the mindset that every person has Covid-19
- We will disinfect the area of contact before leaving the premises
- NO tolerance for safety shortcuts. Please don’t ask them to do anything unnecessary and/or unsafe.
- Our tradesman may ask you again once on-site details of your Covid-19 status, if there is any reason to believe there is any risk being on-site, our tradesman have the authority to decide not to proceed.
For further information or assistance please contact 0508 22 88 99 or email us at email@example.com